Internal Affairs Committee
The Internal Affairs Committee is responsible for all conflicts between branches of the Undergraduate Student Government and recommends cases to the Judicial Board as necessary. The Internal Affairs Committee is also responsible for reviewing official requests for registered student organization status and providing a recommendation to the Senate.
Have an idea for an organization? Follow these steps:
- Collect the names and SIU email addresses of a least 10 enrolled SIU students that are interested in joining your organization. The Office of Student Engagement will verify students.
- Contact a full-time SIU faculty or staff member to be your advisor and ensure that
they are interestedin advising the organization.
- Create a constitution for the proposed organization.
- Visit Saluki Connect to complete the application. Your student organization's registration packet will
be reviewedand forwarded onto the Internal Affairs Committee (IAC) of the Undergraduate Student Government (USG). Upon completion of this step, your organization will be recognized by the Office of Student Engagementas a temporary RSO. This means that the organization will have all the rights and responsibilities of an RSO (excluding funding from USG) until the organization is eitherapproved or denied by USG.
- After approval from USG, the new student organization will need to schedule a meeting with a member of the Office of Student Engagement to complete a New RSO Orientation.