Becoming Involved in USG:
The Legislative Branch of USG is comprised of the Senate. The Senate is the representative body of the Undergraduate Student Government. There are a total of fifty senators representing various department across campus. At-Large senate positions are open to anyone in the Undergraduate Student Body.
A Senate vacancy, which is not selected by an umbrella organization, may be filled by a qualified candidate who successfully complete the Senator Petition. If a Senate position is full, a candidate may still complete the petition and be placed on a waiting list in case a Senate position becomes vacant.
A list of senator seats.
|Department||No. of Senators|
|College of Agriculture, Life and Physical Sciences
(Selected by the Agricultural Student Council)
|Two (2) Senators|
|College of Arts and Media||Two (2) Senators|
|College of Engineering, Computing, Technology, and Mathematics
(Selected by the Engineering Student Council)
|Two (2) Senators|
|College of Business and Analytics||Two (2) Senators|
|College of Health and Human Sciences||Two (2) Senators|
|College of Liberal Arts||Two (2) Senators|
|School of Education||One (1) Senator|
|School of Automotive||One (1) Senator|
|School of Aviation||One (1) Senator|
|Exploratory Students||Two (2) Senators|
|Fraternity and Sorority Life||Two (2) Senators|
|International Student Council||Two (2) Senators|
|Black Affairs Council||Two (2) Senators|
|Hispanic Student Council||Two (2) Senators|
|Latino Cultural Association||One (1) Senator|
|Saluki Rainbow Network||Two (2) Senators|
|University Housing||Two (2) Senators|
(Selected by Sport Clubs)
|One (1) Senator|
|Veterans Organization||One (1) Senator|
|Non-Traditional Students||One (1) Senator|
|Students with Disabilities||Two (2) Senators|
|Total||Fifty (50) Senators|
Senator Qualifications and Restrictions are:
- A full-time undergraduate student.
- Have and maintain a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Remain in good standing with Student Rights & Responsibilities.
- Cannot have been impeached from the Undergraduate Student Government in the last semester.
- A Senator is entitled to one vote.
- A Senator will represent the undergraduate students from his/her district and will perform all duties required by the position.
- All Senators are required to attend retreats held each semester.
- Senators will be required to hold at least one constituency meeting in their respective representative districts each month.
- A Senator is required to attend every USG Senate session unless the Senator has found a proxy to take their place.
- Senators are only allowed two excused absences per semester.
- Senators are required to be on time to Senate meetings and to remain in attendance for the duration of said meetings.
- Senators are required to attend meetings in business casual attire.
- A Senator is expected to communicate efficiently and effectively with USG Executive Branch Members, Advisors, and their Constituents.
- Each Senator will be required to complete two office hours per week. Office hours are defined as any business being conducted on behalf of USG, including committee meetings.
- Senators are required to serve on at least USG Committee, such as Student Funding Board, Internal Affairs Committee and/or External Affairs Committee.